A management transformation program by Arthur D. Little and Vienna University
The oil and gas industry is in a phase of profound transformation. The energy transition and its alternative solutions to fossil fuels, skepticism about traditional forms of energy such as oil and gas, new digital technologies and the merging of entire industries are shaping the future. National Oil Companies (NOCs) in particular play a special role in this far-reaching transformation. In order to prepare managers comprehensively for these new challenges, Arthur D. Little, together with the WU Executive Academy, has developed the four-day program "Reinventing National Oil Companies": The aim of the program is to connect stakeholders and decision-makers from the energy industry around the world and encourage them to exchange and co-create new strategies and model.
"National Oil Companies (NOCs) have a very special task in this area of tension," says Prof. Jonas Puck, academic director of the new short program. "Not only do they control the bulk of global reserves and hydrocarbon production, but they also have a mandate to create value by developing their own hydrocarbon resources. They also play a central role in securing energy supplies to support national economic growth."
In order to offer this special target group a tailor-made training opportunity, Arthur D. Little has developed the "Reinventing National Oil Companies" program in a joint venture with the WU Executive Academy.
Focus on global exchange
"With this program, we want to connect various stakeholders and decision-makers from the energy industry around the world and encourage them to exchange and co-create new strategies models and solutions to actively shape the value chain of tomorrow's oil and gas industry," says Prof. Jonas Puck, who is also academic director of the WU Executive Academy's MBA Energy Management.
"Arthur D. Little has a long history of working with National Oil Companies (NOCs) in the areas of strategy, culture, organization and performance. We support National Champions & Regulatory Authorities on all continents in the challenging context of the Energy Transition. Participants particularly benefit from this wealth of experience and from the network offered by Arthur D. Little and the WU Executive Academy," adds Co-Director Alexandre Lavelle, Partner at Arthur D. Little and responsible for Energy & Utilities Practice in the Middle East.
The contents of the program leave no questions unanswered: in just four days, the participants will discuss the current and future trends in the energy industry and the associated challenges for NOCs. Together with experts from the industry, they develop new ways of exploration and discuss the production maturity turning point. They deal with internationalization and the associated regulations and new contract models as well as with new business areas in the field of renewable energies, with the influencing factors of new technologies. The participants benefit not only from the top-class speakers, but also from the exchange among each other in a heterogeneous, international group.
The English-language program will take place for the first time at the WU Executive Academy from 22 to 25 October 2019 and addresses participants from all over the world.
- National agenda management & corporate strategy
- Growth strategy development
- Transformation, operations & production excellence
- E&P fiscal regime negotiation
- Technology & innovation management
- 12+ years of consulting experience with focus on strategy, organization, and energy policy for NOCs and IOCs
- NOC exploration strategies design for complex resources
- Unconventional hydrocarbons, oil price perspectives, petro-nationalism
- 35+ years of experience in Oil & Gas
- Business Development, Exploration New Ventures, M&A, Strategic Planning, Management Consulting, Field Development, and Reservoir Engineering
- 25+ years of management consulting experience in the international oil and gas industry
- Energy policy, strategy development, and transformation in the hydrocarbons sector
- Publications and conferences around the world related to Oil & Gas trends and energy transition
- 25+ years of consulting experience with focus on strategy and organization for NOCs and IOCs
- Refining expert with experience in conceptual design and feasibility of industrial complexes
- Strong experience in fuel and LPG distribution and retail segments
- 15+ years of management consulting experience in the Energy sector with a focus on upstream oil and gas
- Consulting focus on strategy, organization, people management, portfolio management, process and operations, Carbon capture and storage and renewables
- 20+ years of consulting experience in elevating risk management maturity to drive business performance and reducing the Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) for Global 1000 corporations
- Key operational exposures, strategic advice to boards and senior executives on the implementation of balanced risk management strategies